Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Take A Peek Wednesday: Bread Baking Class

                         

              A few Saturday's ago my wonderful husband woke up with me at 5:45 am so that we could be dressed and ready to catch the morning train at 7:45. We had a 3-1/2 hour ride so that I could attend a bread baking class with a group of friends.
                 



                 One of the perks of my husbands job is that we received free first class train passes and let me tell you, it makes all the difference in the world! There is always a seat available and it's much quieter in first class.
                             


                 

              When we left Enschede the sun was out in full force but the closer we got to Schagen the darker it became and as always, there was rain involved. We didn't care though because when you're with a group of women that you highly admire and enjoy being around, your world is always sunny!
    
       There was so much laughter and tons and tons of learning. It was held in English which totally helps when you are trying to pay attention to everything that is being said and taught. I loved every single thing about it. We baked these incredible looking loaves of bread..mine is the top right, the one with the funny ball on top. We all wanted to make sure we knew which one was ours so that we could see the final product from all of our hard work.
         
          
            There's my loaf of bread! I actually shed a few tears when it came out of the oven because it was the first time I was able to achieve a perfectly round loaf of bread. The tips and tricks I learned that day will stay with me forever. In fact, we all had so much fun with the Chef, Ralph Nieboer that we have already booked another class in a few months. This time we are doing a pizza class together. We're going to bake them in an outdoor bread oven and I can not wait! This Fall we will be attending a sour dough class and I hope I can squeeze a holiday bread baking class in November or December!