Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Take A Peek Wednesday: Spring Garden

          

                  The last few days have been in the 60's so I took advantage of it by getting some things done in the back yard. It always looks rough at this stage but soon it's going to be bursting with flowers,a huge blooming butterfly bush,vegetables and tons of bees and butterflies. I can't wait!

I planted 4 rhubarb plants last year and didn't harvest any of it. I read that you shouldn't harvest anything the first year so that the plant can become more established. Well all bets are off this time around. All 4 plants came up again so I will be sneaking a few stalks off of each one. The dog you see is my neighbors. She is the sweetest boxer I have ever met. Every time she sees me she will pop her head over and wait for me to come and give her some attention.

I'd love to tell you her name but it's an odd Dutch name that I can never ever remember. So I call her Muppet. If Kermit had a dog, it would look like her I think. We are going to hit cooler weather again so I am soaking up as much sun rays as possible!

How is everything looking in your garden??