Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Take A Peek Wednesday: Weekend Snow!

                
                    My husband left for work around 6 am and by 8 am this is what greeted me as I made my way to the chickens! I knew we were going to get a bit of snow fall but had no idea we'd get this amount.
               

               Lily and Mabel didn't share my enthusiasm for the big white fluffy flakes. This was the chickens very first snow fall and they were refusing to come out. Even though they have a section of covered area to eat and hang out in, they just weren't having it. They finally came out when they saw me shaking the treat jar and then it was the frantic clucking as everyone tried to figure out what was going on.
             


                           

        

                As you can see, we covered part of their chicken run with a special mesh they use on construction sites. It's breathable so they always have fresh air in there while it keeps the wind and rain out. They wouldn't step foot outside of their indoor run for two days. There was at least a few inches by Saturday after noon. Then it stopped and the sun came out. It started warming up and as quickly as the snow arrived, it was gone just as fast. I kind of like these one day snow ins. The forecast is calling for more snow fall during the next two days. Is anyone else experiencing snow fall?