Monday, December 15, 2014

Double Chocolate Buttermilk Muffins

            
              Have you finished your Christmas shopping? My husband and I knocked it out of the ballpark this weekend when it came to shopping. We are done!! For us, that is a miracle. We are usually the crazy ones who are shopping up to the very last minute and then racing home like a mad person all frazzled and swearing not to do this again. But again we do it. Every single year that we've been married..Until now. We broke that crazy cycle for at least this year and we are so happy about that. I need to head to the post office today to ship a few parcels off and I can happily head home knowing I don't need to stand in lines for ages and ages.

I headed over to a candy store that has an American section and couldn't believe my eyes. They had salt water taffy!!! I haven't tasted that in,well,7 years now! I paid way to much for it but walked around smiling like a Cheshire Cat. It's the little things sometimes. You know what else I wish they would get? muffins that aren't dry and tasteless. I stopped trying all muffins at the cafe's I stop in for coffee. They are horribly dry and someone needs to leave a note stating a little buttermilk could help with that issue.

These muffins aren't dry. These muffins rock on all levels.

Double Chocolate Buttermilk Muffins

2 cups All-purpose Flour
4 TBS Cocoa Powder
1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1-1/2 tsp. BakingPowder
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 cup Unsalted Butter,softened
1/2 cup Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
3/4 cup Buttermilk
1 cup Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 400/200 c. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners.

Sift all dry ingredients together in a large bowl;set aside.

In another bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy. Gradually,beat in the eggs. Add the vanilla and buttermilk and beat just until combined. Add the flour mix to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl,as needed. Gently fold in the chocolate chips. Spoon the batter into the prepared tin evenly.

Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for a minute or so and then take them out of the pan and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.

Yield: 12 Muffins
Source: Manila Spoon