Friday, June 20, 2014

The Cake Slice Bakers: June Cake Reveal

                   
                It's that time again..The Cake Slice Bakers all reveal their cakes...It looks like this one..the yellow cake was a popular choice for a lot of us. The title of the cake was something along the lines of...the best yellow cake. I am already skeptical when anyone announces something to be..the best. We all have our versions of what we think is best so to go ahead and announce it like that,leaves you wide open.
             
        
                So was this the best yellow cake in the whole wide world? not by my standards. I've made many yellow cakes and this one is close to the bottom of that list. It's ok though. It's not a horrible cake but not one that I would make again.

I topped the cake with a wonderful chocolate glaze and served it up to my youngest son..who turned 14 on the 13th. I officially feel old now. I am 39 with a 16 and 14 year old. Time is officially going way to fast!

As always..we are baking from Great Cakes by Carol Walters. Check out what everyone else made!

















9 comments:

ImWhisper said...

Sonya what a great way to kick this cake up a notch with the chocolate glaze!
Happy birthday to your son. Yes time flies! My boys are now 18 and 22... oh my yep. ha!
:)
Holly

The Ninja Baker said...

Trust you son's birthday was a very happy one with such a beautiful cake from his mom. Nice touch with the chocolate glaze =)

Diana Gale said...

Oh Sonya I am sorry you didn't like this cake. :(

Emily said...

Your cake looks good, made tons better by that lovely chocolate glaze.

I am always puzzled as to why some of us like while others don't for same recipes - >_<

Have a great weekend!

Paloma said...

Aw! I am sorry this was far from being a favorite for you! You still managed to make it look delicious! :)

bakinginpyjamas.com said...

I agree the cake was nice but not good enough to be titled the greatest. Love the glaze on this, I can imagine it was a lovely addition! Laura@Baking in Pyjamas

OvenDelights said...

Sonya don't feel old! I'm 40, have a 22 year old in college, a 17 yr old, a 15 yr old, and 8 yr old! And I feel 30! Ha ha! I refuse to age...I pack on the night cream at night!

Sandra Lee said...

The Chocolate Glaze took it right over the edge! Hope your son had a great birthday.

Felice Geoghegan said...

What a shame that this was nit higher on your list of cakes, but it certainly looks delicious. I love the chocolate drizzle on the top.