Friday, December 20, 2013

The Cake Slice Bakers December Cake: Streusel Squares















                 

                     Here we are again..the 20th of each month I will be showing you the latest cake that we, at The Cake Slice Bakers, have whipped up.
                 

         This cake..The streusel square is basically a coffee cake. I love coffee cake. I did not love this one though. I liked it but didn't love it and because of that, I won't be sharing this recipe. It was moist and the streusel topping was the best bit. So why didn't I love it? Well to be honest, I found it a bit boring..and this is coming from a girl who loves plain vanilla cake and cookies. I guess I want more in my coffee cake. The flavor was helped along by adding in some almond extract and there are loads of things I could do to make it more to our liking, but at the end of the day, I wouldn't make it again. Check out what everyone else thought about it!