Monday, November 4, 2013

Baked Pumpkin Donuts

               

          Happy Monday! Did everyone have a good weekend? Ours was pretty laid back. The weather wasn't all that great so we spent it in doors. I was able to get a jump start on some baking which is always good in my book and happily thumbed through a new cookbook I received a few days ago. Today it's pouring down again and I'm already dreaming of warmer times!

While zooming around the kitchen saturday morning I was able to whip these babies up for us to share as a mid morning snack. Baked donuts will never replace the fried version..and I'm going back on one of my beliefs in never owning a deep fryer. It's time,people. I am having dreams of apple fritters and maple bars and since they take awhile to make, I won't be doing it often. So in between those, I will rely on the baked versions. These donuts are soft,full of flavor, and a great way to use up any left over pumpkin or sweet potato puree you might have laying around!

Baked Pumpkin Donuts

3/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
2 Large Eggs
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
1 cup Bread Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon

Topping:
3 TBS Sugar
1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 or 180 celsius. Grease a 6- well donut pan with nonstick spray and set aside.

Using a hand held mixer or whisk, combine the puree,eggs,vanilla,sugar, and oil. Beat just until it's smooth.

In a small bowl,combine the dry ingredients. With the mixer on low,add in dry ingredients and mix just until combined.

Fill each well 1/2 full and smooth the batter.

Bake 12-15 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

In a small shallow bowl,combine the topping ingredients. Remove donuts from pan and immediately toss into the coating,turning over and over until covered. Cool slightly on wire rack and enjoy warm with coffee,milk,or tea!

Yield: 8-9 Donuts
Source: Pick Fresh Foods