Monday, October 14, 2013

Cinnamon Waffles



               Hello Monday! Are you ready to take on the world this week my friends? yeah,me neither. You know what I did this weekend? absolutely nothing. I sat my butt on the couch with my husband and took naps and downloaded various things to watch. As soon as I'm done with this post I'm off to watch Salem's Lot. Does anyone remember that movie? I just noticed they did an update version in 2004..seriously people,stop remaking movies. It ticks me off to no end.

What doesn't tick me off though,are waffles. Oh how we love waffles in this house! I'm going to attempt some savory waffles next while the boys are home for Fall vacation. I have my eyes set on some ham and cheddar waffles!

These cinnamon waffles are super easy to bring together and taste fantastic with peanut butter,maple syrup and apple butter..yes,all at the same time. We like to live dangerously over here!

Cinnamon Waffles

2 Eggs
2 cups All-purpose Flour or half whole wheat,half all-purpose
1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
1-1/2 cups Milk of choice
2 TBS  Sugar
1 TBS Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp. Vanilla
4 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt

Preheat your waffle iron! In a medium bowl,beat eggs with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add the remaining ingredients and beat until smooth.

Pour batter into a greased hot waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer's instructions. For me that was to use 1/2 cups worth of batter on each side for my belgian waffle maker.

Yield: 10 Waffles
Source: Give Me Lemons