Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Take A Peek Wednesday

             


         Somewhere along the way my blog has become a little more personal. I've shared my weight loss battle,my new home, and everything else in between. I've decided that every wednesday I will show you a closer look at my life..I've been getting e-mails asking that I show more of my hens,more pictures of my house and just every day life pictures. I too can get curious about other bloggers and what their world looks like from their point of view so I decided to share a bit of mine with you. I can't promise that my world is all that exciting. I am no different than anyone else but I am happy to share with you!
          


        I spotted a near death strawberry plant when we moved in and decided to see if I could bring it back to life. I began watering it and over time it sprouted two tiny perfect strawberries. I snapped the left photo and decided to give it one more day to really ripen up..the next day I was greeted with the right photo! somebody stole it! I'm guessing a mouse maybe? I was happy to share. However as soon as they other one ripened up I snapped it right up. It tasted incredible! I'm going to buy some netting next summer in hopes of growing more.
               


          Bees..man do I love bees! I love bees because they are going to help me with my garden next summer. I have decided to leave my giant butter fly bush where it is and then trim it so that it doesn't shade my veggies. The bees and butterflies love that bush and in return they will help me. It's all about giving everything and everyone a hand. So help the bee out if you can.
          


The new girls are no longer new anymore. We've had them 2 weeks now and boy have they grown. This is Annie Oakley.
                      
  
       This is Astrid and she is just as big as Annie. I love their colors!
                 


         This is Belle and she has come such a long way. She was picked up pretty badly at first but she has really started to stick up for herself. I wasn't to keen on getting a white hen but she adds a nice touch to the flock and I'm glad I have her now.
              

      This is Lily and she seems to be the lowest on the totem pole right now. She has calmed down alot but you can still see the unease in her eyes.
         


   My original 4 are growing happily aswell. I split a giant zucchini down the middle yesterday to for them to eat. It took them hours to figure out they could infact,eat it. By the end of the day there was no sign of the giant zucchini! I love my girls.           
                       

       Summer is coming to an end. I can feel it. We have the foggy cooler mornings now and although they are calling for the upper 80's today and tomorrow..those temps are numbered. I can honestly say that I am ready for fall. I used to hate that time around here..but not this time. I'm excited for chicken eggs, christmas,baking and..chicken eggs!!!!

On a side note..my husband and I are heading out to Amsterdam to have dinner with a celebrity chef who is based out of England. I barely recall hearing about him from the U.S. so I am not sure how well known he will be to alot of my readers...But I am beyond excited. I hope I don't turn into a giggly 14 year old that can't put a sentence together when the time comes to meet him. I hope I am able to quickly tell him how much he helped me when I spotted him on the BBC network. My two expat friends will also be there so I have no doubt this is going to be a wonderful evening..stay tuned for photos!