Friday, August 2, 2013

Bacon Wrapped Cheese Hot Dog

              


            After baking hot dog buns for the first time ( recipe can be found HERE) I needed something to go along with them.

I whipped up homemade ketchup and decided to try the stuffed hot dogs I have been seeing everywhere on cooking blogs. 

Basically all you do is take a hot dog ( I used chicken dogs), split it down the middle but not all the way through and stuff it with cheese. I went ahead and used shredded cheddar cheese but you could use whatever you liked and you could see if you could add other things in there aswell..maybe diced up onion or peppers? You wrap the hot dogs in bacon,secure with toothpicks and grill over indirect heat until the bacon is nice and crispy.
      



          I used a grill pan to cook mine in since the Dutch bacon pretty much sucks over here when it comes to wrapping items.

So there you have it..split it,stuff it,wrap it,grill it..easy peasy.

Happy Weekend!