Wednesday, May 22, 2013

M&M Cookies

           


           When I was little I loved walking through the bakery section of the grocery store because it ment a free cookie was in my future. The closer I came to the display of cookies the more excited I became. Was I going to get a chocolate chip cookie this time or was it going to be a frosted smiley face cookie? more often than not I got a giant m&m cookie. 

            



         I'd smile real big,grab the cookie from the smiling woman, and then walk with my mom through the store while ever so carefully plucking the m&m's off the cookie one by one.

       
 

      I can remember seeing the boys get those free cookies a few times and it instantly made me smile. I think it's sad that they don't give adults a free cookie every once and awhile..we need to smile aswell and remember the joys of a big soft m&m cookie.

So this post goes out to the kids in all of us. These cookies are super soft thanks to the cornstarch thats added and it's studded with both chocolate chips and m&m's. It brought a smile to our faces and I hope it brings one to you aswell.

M&M Cookies

1 cup Butter,softened
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 Large Egg + 1 Yolk
1-1/2 tsp. Vanilla
2 cups All-purpose Flour
1/4 cup Cornstarch
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Salt
1-12 ounce pkg M&M's Milk Chocolate Candies
1/2 cup Semi sweet Chocolate Chips

In a large mixing bowl,beat together the butter and brown sugar until well combined. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. 

In a medium bowl,mix together the flour,cornstarch,baking soda, and salt. Add to the butter mixture and mix just until combined. Add the m&m's (leave some for the tops if you want) and the chocolate chips and mix in with a wooden spoon.

Place dough in bowl with plastic wrap on top for atleast a few hours and as long as over night.

Preheat oven to 375 or 190 celcius. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Break off chunks of dough and roll into desired size. Place onto prepared sheet 2 inches apart.

Bake cookie for 7-10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. If you saved some of your m&m's, press them into the tops of the warm cookies.

Yield: I got 35 cookies..you may get more or less depending on the size of your dough balls

Source: Yammie's Noshery