Friday, April 5, 2013

Bread Fail

      


        I get alot of e-mails from people asking me about bread baking. The truth is..I don't have it all figured out and I have a heck of alot to learn..but I kinda like that. What I don't like is when I don't listen to my gut instincts..In this case it was telling me that even my 10 inch loaf pan was going to be to small. It started out beautiful but it grew into a mutant loaf of bread.

        
        

     Alot of people refuse to show their failures in the kitchen. I think we can learn alot from those who have made mistakes. In this case..if your inner voice is screaming at you to split the dough in half even though the recipe states not to..just do it.

           
       

           This isn't the end..the crust tasted amazing so I will be hitting the kitchen this weekend to bake this up again..but into two fantastic loaves :)

Happy weekend and embrace those fumbles in the kitchen!!