Friday, March 22, 2013

Spelt Chocolate Chip Cookies

     

       Sooo..I whipped up some green cookies for St Paddy's day..Im corny like that! I must admit that St Patrick's Day isn't something we really observe around here..infact the last time I recall paying any attention to it was when I was younger. All the girls made sure to not wear green on that day to make sure we'd get pinched by the boys. Good times I tell ya!

This is a great basic chocolate chip cookie using spelt flour. The cookies are super soft and I think the only change I would make next time would be to use more salt..probably a teaspoons worth.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Spelt Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 Large Eggs
1/2 tsp. Vanilla..I would go with 1 tsp.
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup softened Butter
2 cups Spelt Flour
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt..I would go with 1 tsp.
1-1/2 cups Chocolate Chips..I used 1 and that was plenty

Pre-heat oven to 325 or 160 celcius. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a medium bowl,whisk together the spelt flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.

In a large bowl, combine the eggs, brown sugar, vanilla and butter until combined and smooth. Add the flour mixture and mix just until combined. Gently fold in the chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.

Using a small-ish cookie scoop or spoon, place the dough onto prepared pan about 2 inches apart.

Bake 11-12 minutes or until the edges have slightly turned a golden brown color. Allow to cool on pan for 3-4 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely or enjoy warm like we did!

Yield: 2 dozen..depends on the size of your scoop
Source:  Grain Mill Wagon