Monday, March 18, 2013

Cappuccino Chocolate Chip Muffins

   

           I am crazy in love with these muffins. I was hooked from the first delicious bite. I ate one while slightly warm and refuse to eat them any other way. I pop the cooled muffins into the microwave for 20 seconds and it makes me smile like I did the first time I ate one.

The muffins are so moist and I'm convinced that cinnamon and chocolate are a match made in heaven. I swapped the quantities of sugars..meaning,1/2 cup of brown sugar and 1/4 cup of the granulated. I also used 2/3 cup of mini chocolate chips and that was perfect.

These go well with a cup of coffee or tea or milk or a bowl of yogurt or on its own. It doesn't matter what you have these with as long as you make them..so go make some!

Cappuccino Chocolate Chip Muffins

2 cups All-purpose Flour
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 cup Unsalted Butter,room temperature
1/2 cup Sugar..I used brown sugar
1/4 cup Brown Sugar..I used sugar
1 cup Milk..I used low fat
2 TBS Espresso Powder
1 Egg,lightly beaten
2 tsp. Vanilla
1 cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips..I used 2/3 cup mini

Preheat oven to 350 or 180 celcius. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners and set aside.

In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt;set aside.

In a large bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer until light and creamy. Add both sugar and beat until fluffy.

In a small bowl,whisk together the milk and espresso,until the coffee granules have almost dissolved ( it won't totally dissolve and that is ok!). Add the egg and vanilla. Pour espresso mixture into the butter mixture and mix just until combined. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.

Full muffin cups 3/4 full, and bake 16-20 minutes,until slightly golden in color and toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan for a minute or two and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely..or eat while warm :)

Yield: 12 Muffins
Source: Splash of Something          





Food Holiday Link Party