Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Quick Tuna Burgers

    

          In my effort to like fish in any form other than deep fried I have been trying out new recipes. I seem to be having most luck with tuna fish even though I find it to be rather "fishy" in flavor. I loved the albacore tuna from home but haven't been able to find it here yet. I can tolerate it in patty form and can resist the urge to bury it in tartar sauce and learn to deal with the semi fishy flavor that comes along with..well,eating fish.

My husband and two sons loved this recipe and are big tuna fish fans. I actually didn't mind it either and will make these again. It's a quick nutritious meal that can be served for lunch or dinner. I swapped the mayo out for plain yogurt to lower the fat content and I think next time I will put in some cajun spices to bump the flavors up a bit.

Tuna Burgers

1 can (6-7 ounces) Tuna,drained and flaked
1/2 cup Dry Bread Crumbs
1/2 cup Finely chopped Celery
1/3 cup Mayonnaise or Plain Yogurt
1/4 cup Finely chopped Onion
2 TBS Sweet Chili Sauce
1 Egg,beaten
2 TBS Butter or Oil
4 Hamburger Buns,plit and toasted
Lettuce and Sliced Tomatioes;optional

In a bowl,combine the first 7 ingredients. Shape into 4 patties.

Melt butter or oil in a large skillet;cook patties 4-5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomatoes..or your choice of toppings.

Yield: 4 Tuna Burgers
Source: Taste of Home