Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Peppermint Marshmallows

  

        Peppermint Marshmallows!!!  I've been wanting to make these for ages and finally got around to it this weekend. 

My husband wanted vanilla and I wanted peppermint so I split the recipe almost in half. I took out his portion with the vanilla flavoring in it and spread it out into a 13x9 pan. I then quickly went back to my portion,added in 1/8 tsp of peppermint extract and 4 drops of red food coloring. I swirled the best I could and spread it out into a 10 inch tart pan ( I wanted them thinner so that I could cut them out with various cookie cutters).

They turned out perfect with the right amount of peppermint flavoring. I can say without a doubt they make excellent additions to your hot chocolate and melt splendidly. If you want to use the full recipe to make peppermint marshmallows,I would use no more than 1 tsp. of the peppermint extract. The longer the marshmallows sit the more the peppermint flavor comes through. The recipe has you spreading it out into a 13x9 pan but if you don't want them that thick then I suggest spreading them out onto a rimmed cookie sheet. It will also be easier to cut them into shapes when they are slightly thinner.


You can find the recipe right HERE