Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Chocolate Oatmeal Coconut Cookies

   

        The christmas music is blaring and I'm running around like a mad woman. I'm happy of course but crazy behind schedule! I do this to myself every single year. I always think I have more time than I really do. It doesn't matter though because in the end you push the stuff thats important up front and let everything else go. As long and I make the important christmas cookies my family could care less about the peppermint bark I never got around to making..and who says I cant make it for Valentines Day?

I whipped these cookies up this morning. They are HUGE and chewy and wonderful and about the only thing that could make them even better would be a hint of cinnamon. I will be adding that next time.

Is anyone else baking today??

Chocolate Oatmeal Coconut Cookies

1 cup Unsalted Butter,softened
1 cup Packed Brown Sugar
6 TBS Sugar
2 Eggs
1-1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1-1/2 cups All-purpose Flour
2-1/4 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats or Quick Cooking Oats
1-1/2 cups Shredded Sweetened Coconut
2 cups (12oz) Mini Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 350 or 180 celcius. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with a nonstick spray and set aside.

In a large mixing bowl,beat together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time,beating well after each addition. Beat in vanill,salt, and baking soda. Add in flour and beat just until combined. Add in oats,coconut and chocolate chips and beat until combined..(I went ahead and mixed in the oats,coconut and chocolate chips using a wooden spoon.)

Place 1/4 scoops of dough onto prepared sheet,atleat 3 inches apart. Pat down to circles 1/2 inch high.

Bake for 15 minutes,rotating cookie sheet halfway though the baking time. Cool for a few minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completly.

** I went ahead and used a 2 inch cookie scoop and was able to get close to 30 cookies out of this recipe. I also cut the baking time down to about 12-13 minutes.**

Yield: 20 Big Cookies
Source: Taste and Tell