Friday, November 16, 2012

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

 

       Happy Friday! I spent a cold dark week here in Holland..but it was dry and that is enough. My facebook has been flooded with snow pics from friends back in the states! I can't believe it has arrived already and it's put me in the christmas mood! I popped in my christmas cd and started making my baking list. I've decided to start baking now and leave our family favorites until the end so that they can be enjoyed closer to the actual day. I guess I'm to anxious to wait any longer!

         

       Speaking of cookies..here is a real winner of a recipe. It's packed full of oats and chocolate chips and they are huge..what more could one ask for?

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

1 cup Unsalted Butter,softened
1 cup Light Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Sugar..I left the white sugar out and it wasn't missed
1 Large Egg,room temperature
1 Large Egg Yolk,room temperature
1 TBS Vanilla 
2 cups All-purpose Flour
1 cup Quick Cooking or Old-fashioned Rolled Oats
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt
3 cups Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 325 or 165 celcius. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.

Place butter and sugars in the bowl of a mixer fitted with a paddle and beat until smooth and creamy. Add egg,egg yolk,and vanilla,one at a time,beating well between additions.

Placce flour,oats,baking powder,baking soda,and salt in a seperate bowl;mix well and add to the butter mixture. Beat until everything is incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl,add the chocolate chips,and mix in with a wooden spoon.

Form dough into heaping tablespoon size balls ( I used a 3-inch ice cream scoop) and place about 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheet. Using your palm,gently press down.

Bake 12-15 minutes,until the cookies are brown around the edges. For the larger cookies I baked the full 15 minutes to make sure they were done in the middle..although a gooey middle is nothing to be ashamed of!

Yield: 3-4 Dozen
Source:Cookies for Kids'Cancer:Best Bakesale Cookbook