Monday, November 26, 2012

Buttermilk Banana Pancakes

 

        Did everyone survive Thanksgiving? Did anyone venture out and shop the day after? I think I may have gone shopping a total of one time the day after Thanksgiving. I know alot of people go crazy on Black Friday, but it never really appealed to me. The crazy early hours and dealing with massive crowds just didn't make it worth it to me when it came to scoring the deals that were sold out before you even got there. We had a wonderful day..we ate on saturday when everyone was home and chatted while listening to christmas music.

So lets talk pancakes. We love them. I don't think I ever met a pancake I didn't like..unless you burn it and then thats just icky. I love to try new recipes and this one is a huge winner in our house. The boys kept mentioning how much they loved the banana in it and how soft they were. I served this with a simple peanut butter maple syrup and I may or may not have eaten that with a spoon!

Buttermilk Banana Pancakes

2 cups All-purpose Flour
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1-1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 TBS Sugar
2 Eggs
2 TBS Melted Butter or Canola Oil
2 cups Buttermilk 
2 Bananas,mashed

Peanut Butter Maple Syrup:
1/2 cup Maple Syrup
1/4 cup Peanut Butter
** combine ingredients in a sauce pan and melt over low heat stirring continuously until combined and heated through. Serve warm with pancakes or waffles**

Heat a large skillet over medium heat. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda,salt and sugar; make a well in the center.

In a seperate bowl,whisk together the eggs,butter, and buttermilk. Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix just until combined. Fold in bananas.

Spray a skillet with nonstick spray and pour 1/4 cups of batter for each pancake. When bubbles appear all over the top of each pancake,flip,then cook until golden brown. Remove and reapeat with remaning batter.

Serve warm 

Yiled: 20 pancakes
Source: Iowa Girl Cooks