Monday, October 29, 2012

Apple Oatmeal Muffins

  

      Did everyone have a good weekend? My husband had a 3-day weekend and thats always a good thing. We all zoomed over into Germany to visit one of the largest pet stores/supply stores in the world. They had weenie monkey's for sale for around 2000 euros. I put two down on my christmas list :) I finished up my special cookie order I was stressing over for days. It's safe to say that I won't be doing that again. 

So..it's Muffin Monday and here is my latest recipe. Good wholesome oatmeal muffins for you!

Apple Oatmeal Muffins

1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Sugar
2 Large Eggs
1/3 cup Canola Oil
3/4 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
1-1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 cup All-purpose Flour
1/2 tsp. Baking  Powder
1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1-1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Apple Pie Spice
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 cup Rolled Oats
1 medium Apple,Finely Chopped
1/2 cup Chopped Pecans or Walnuts

Pre heat oven to 350 or 180 celcius. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan with nonstick spray and set aside.

In a large bowl,mix together the sugars,eggs,oil,applesauce and vanilla.

In another bowl, mix together the flours,baking powder,baking soda,spices, and salt. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet and mix just until combined. Stir in the oats,apples and nuts. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin pan.

Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pan for a few minutes before removing and allowing to cool on wire rack.

Yield: 12 Muffins
Source: Let's Dish