Thursday, August 2, 2012

Vanilla - Strawberry Jam Frozen Yogurt

  
         Tonight after a dessert of frozen yogurt it hit me that I haven't shared this recipe yet! I've made this 3 times already and I will be making it again this weekend..that's how much we love this! Frozen yogurt is so yummie and tastes nothing like the weird stuff you see squirting out of a machine when ordering it at the mall or wherever else they sell it these days. This recipe only contains 3 ingredients and I highly doubt the mall version can claim the same thing. It has a slight tang to it that I just love and you can dress it up anyway you like. You can keep it like this or...

   
      Stir in your favorite flavor of jelly or jam,top it with sprinkles,crushed cookies or candy or keep it real and eat it plain..it's all good!

Vanilla Frozen Yogurt

3 cups ( 720gm) Plain Whole-Milk Yogurt
1 cup ( 200 g) Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla

** I use Greek Yogurt and if you go that route use the same amount of greek yogurt as the plain but reduce the sugar to 3/4 cup. I reduced it to 1/2 cup and we saw no difference,so feel free to play around with the sugar amount. I would taste it before putting it into the fridge to make sure you like the amount**

Mix together the yogurt,sugar, and vanilla. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Refrigerate for 1 hour.

Freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.

** If you want to add in jam,whisk the desired amount into the container you are going to put the ice cream in once it's done churning. Mix the ice cream with the jam and freeze for a few hours**

Yield: 1 Quart
Source: The Perfect Scoop