Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Manwich Clone Recipe

  

              Coleen's Recipes blog is one of my all time favorites. She posts the type of recipes that make you feel all warm and cozy on the inside. If I were Coleen's neighbor she'd have to close the curtains and hide in the bathroom to avoid me because thats how often I'd be knocking on her door. I've tried several of her recipes and have loved them all. This manwich recipe can also be added to the best loved coleen recipes section!

I've said it many times but I am starting to forget alot of things from home. I'm out of touch with alot of the new ingredients to cook and bake with, I'm forgetting what certain things taste like,what the names of things are and just generally feeling like an orphan with nothing to cling on to. So every once and awhile I will make something that seems so ages ago that I'm starting to forget..

Manwich is one such thing. My two sons are crazy about sloppy joes and ask often when we are going to try a new version of it. I knew the time was now the instant I spotted Coleen's recipe. I can't tell you how spot on the flavor was for me. I was a total kid again! The boys loved it,I loved it, what more can I say? Thanks Coleen!!

Manwich Clone Recipe

8 ounces Tomato Sauce
1 cup Ketchup
1 TBS Dried Onion Flakes
1 TBS Finely Diced Green Peppers
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Prepared Mustard
1 tsp. Chili Powder
1/2 tsp. Dried Minced Garlic
1/4 tsp. Celery Seed
1 lb. Ground Beef;lean or regular,Soy Crumbles,whatever you like!

Combine all of the ingredients and set aside.Brown 1 pound of grouned beef in a skillet until done;drain and rinse if needed.  Stir the ingredients into the ground beef until combined. Simmer for 10 minutes and spoon into hamburger buns. 

** My husband isn't crazy about the messy side to sloppy joes so I created a pita joe for him. I toast a pita pocket,slice it open and scoop the mixture into the pocket. Problem solved**

Yield: 4-5 servings
Source: Coleen's Recipes