Friday, July 6, 2012

Peach Frozen Yogurt

  
          Whew..the humid weather that Holland is known for has finally kicked in. As bad as it is here, nothing can compair to the humidity I experienced when visiting Missouri one summer many many years ago. When I walked off the plane my make up melted right off. I never bothered putting anymore on during the two weeks I spent there!

All I can think of when the humidity hits is easy light dinners and lots and lots of water,popsicles and frozen yogurt. I'm loving the wonderful cold treats my ice cream is churning out these days and so is my family. Here is another simple yet delicious tasting frozen treat!

Peach Frozen Yogurt

1-1/2 lbs (675 g) Ripe Peaches (About 5 large peaches)
1/2 cup (125 ml) Water
3/4 cup (150 g) Sugar
1 cup (240 g) Plain Whole-Milk Yogurt..I used Greek Yogurt
A few drops freshly squeezed lemon juice

Peel the peaches,slice them in half, and remove the pits. Cut the peaches into chunks and cook them with the water in a medium,nonreactive saucepan over medium heat,covered,stirring occasionally, until soft and cooked through..about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in the sugar and then chill in the refrigerator.

When the peaches are cool, puree them,along with the sugar water, in a food processor or blender with the yogurt until almost smooth but slightly chunky. Mix in a few drops of lemon juice.

Freeze the mixture in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.

Yield: 3 cups..750 ml
Source: The  Perfect Scoop






2 comments:

What a Dish! said...

This looks good- I just churned up your blueberry frozen yogurt and it's in the freezer now- I think it turned out very well! It looks like my ice cream maker came back to life. And.... I'm visiting Missouri for the first time in a few weeks and I'm scared of the heat/humidity!

Sonya said...

Oh yay..your ice cream maker isn't broken then! :) I hope you have a good time in Missouri..humidity and all..lol