Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Double Chocolate Cakies

  
    Photo taking with chocolate isn't always fun...very rarely do I like the photo..sigh.. I suppose if I had a fancy schmancy light box I could go to town with that..but I had one and hated the fake stark white photos..So this is the price I pay for that. Horrible photo aside these babies are pretty darned good!

These are paleo inspired and although I admit to not really knowing anything about the paleo way of life I am infact digging the desserts. I've already made the Banana Chocolate Chip Cakies..( the "cakie"part is due to the fact that these are a serious cross between a cookie and a cake..perfectly soft and moist and oh so delicious) and I've had the chocolate ones on my radar for awhile now and decided to use up some of my ripe bananas.

We loved these..if you are a fan of the super soft moist cookie then these will make you smile. What will also make you smile is that the bananas are the main sweetening factor in this recipe..no sugar. No sugar means healthier cakies and that means you can eat more..win win! There is no flour in this recipe..instead you are going to use almond flour..I used almond meal instead which is why you can see grainy bits in the cookies..almond flour has no skin,almond meal does. If you are looking for a healthier cookie to try that isn't overly sweet then I hope you give these a shot. They are so good.

Double Chocolate Cakies

1 cup Mashed Ripe Bananas ( 2-3 Bananas)
2 TBS Almond Butter or Peanut Butter
3-1/2 tsp. Cocoa Powder
2 tsp. Vanilla
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon;optional but so worth it
1/4 tsp. Salt
1-1/4 cups Almond Flour
1/4 cup Dark or semi sweet Chocolate Chips/Chunks

Preheat oven to 350 or 180 celcius. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.

In a large bowl combine mashed bananas,almond or peanut butter,cocoa powder,vanilla,baking soda,cinnamon and salt..either using a hand mixer or a whisk. Add almond flour and mix until everything is well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and mix well.

Drop tablespoons full of dough onto prepared cookie sheet ( you can make larger cookies by using an ice cream scoop.) Bake for 15 minutes or until cookies are slightly golden on tops and bottom.

Yield:1-2 dozen,depending on size
Source: Multiply Delicious 
        






3 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

they look so yummy! Seriously getting fat from visiting your blog! lol! Have a wonderful day!

Sonya said...

Haha..these wont make you fat :)

sweetsav said...

They look delicious. Can you tell? I like chocolate. Thanks for sharing these.