Monday, June 4, 2012

Dijon Ham Muffins

  
       What a full on monday this is! I woke up to dark grey skies and pretty much knew that was going to be the extent of my day. I managed to get everyone fed and off to work and school,drank copious amounts of coffee,showered,vacuumed,drank more coffee,popped in the first season of Roseanne,drank a ton of water and now I'm back to coffee and on episode 14 of Roseanne. I suppose I should be ashamed of myself and attempted to have a more productive type of day,but it's just not in me. I'm hoping for a fabulous tuesday!

Here is the latest installment to my Muffin Monday. I whipped these up yesterday morning so that we could all eat and watch Vis TV together..thats Fish tv to us english speakers. I can honestly say that I do not care for this show but what I do like is sitting together on the couch,eating muffins, and drinking coffee (adults) and milk (kiddos) together. During the commericals I listened to our oldest talk about his future and what he wants from it and then our youngest jumped in with some funny fact about an animal he remembered. The rain was pounding on the windows,the heat needed to be turned on and we all reached for another muffin when the show came abck on. I love those types of sunday mornings!

These muffins were so good and moist! I love using buttermilk as often as possible because that pretty much guarantees a winner of a recipe right there. You could use honey dijon in this recipe..I did and we really liked it. I used polenta for the cornmeal part of it and loved the slight crunch and taste that went so perfect with the mustard and ham. The hint of cloves in the back ground brings it all together. I hope you make these some sunday morning and enjoy them with your family while sitting on the couch and watching a show together. It doesn't matter what the show is..it's the talks during the commercials that mean the most anyway :)

Dijon Ham Muffins

1-2/3 cup All-purpose Flour
1/3 cup Cornmeal
1/4 cup Sugar
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1-2 tsp. Ground Mustard..I used 1 tsp
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/8 tsp. Ground Cloves
2 Eggs
1 cup Buttermilk,regular or low fat
1/3 cup Canola Oil
3 TBS Dijon Mustard..or honey mustard
1 cup Finely Chopped full cooked Ham

Preheat oven to 375 or 190 celclius. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin and set aside.

In a large bowl,whisk the first 8 ingredients together until combined. In another bowl,whisk together the egg,buttermilk,oil and mustard. Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix with a large spoon until just combined. Gently fold in the ham.

Fill muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake for 20 mins or until toothpick insterted comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack. Serve warm.

1 muffin has 165 calories

Yiled: 14 Muffins
Source: Taste of Home


No comments: