Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Blueberry Frozen Yogurt

   
       I've given up on it ever getting hot here. I have a whole long list of things to cook and bake based on the warmer weather and if I keep putting them off because it isn't warm enough, I'll never have a chance to enjoy them!

So here's me kicking this cooler weather where the sun doesn't shine and putting the ice cream maker lower on the shelf so that it can get used more often! My family and I are currently in love with this frozen yogurt and I may never go back to making ice cream again. There is something so perfect about frozen yogurt..the fresh flavor,the creamy texture of the greek yogurt, it's perfection in a bowl! When you make your own frozen yogurt it doesn't taste anything like the stuff you buy in the shops and stores..this tastes a thousand times better. The ingredients list is small, you can pronounce everything that goes into making it and the super fresh taste of it will make your taste buds stand up and take notice.

So go make some. It's not hard and do NOT skip the part about pushing the mixture through a strainer to remove the seeds. I was seriously amazed how many seeds are in blueberries!

Blueberry Frozen Yogurt

1-1/2 cups(360 g) Whole Milk Plain Yogurt or Greek Yogurt
3/4 cup(150 g) Sugar
3 cups(340 g) Blueberries,fresh or frozen
1 tsp. Kirsch
2 tsp. Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice

In a blender or food processor, blend together the yogurt, sugar, and blueberries until smooth. Press the mixture through a strainer and into a bowl to remove the seeds. Stir in the kirsch and lemon juice. Chill for 1 hour.

freeze in your ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.

Yield: About 1 Liter (1 Quart)
Source: The Perfect Scoop


 



3 comments:

S. said...

yum yum :))

Formerly known as Frau said...

Yum! I'm trying to kick my ice cream addiction and frozen yogurt might be the ticket! Sorry you are having cold in these summer months...just seems wrong to wear a coat in June! Hope your weekend warms up!

Sonya said...

Wearing a coat in june is indeed wrong! I had one on all day long! hopefully you are getting the warmer weather to enjoy for hte both of us :)