Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Peanut Butter,Banana and Honey Snack Cake

  
         I can't begin to tell you how much time I waste spend on Pinterest and Foodgawker. I'm talking a serious amount of time. Now to be fair, it's not really wasteful time. I mean,I am on there searching out sinful healthy meals and desserts for us...so in reality I'm doing my family a huge favor by being on there so much! Wow,what a great person I am!

This snack cake is one such item that I snagged on pinterest to bake up for the family. I can't begin to tell you how crazy delicious this snack cake is. It's super soft,moist,slightly dense and yes I know it's another peanut butter,banana and honey recipe..but those combos just work! We loved these served warm but they were just as good the next day.

This isn't a complicated recipe so get in there and bake this! You and your family will thank me for all of my hardwork I put into searching these recipes out :)

Peanut Butter, Banana and Honey Snack Cake

3 Ripe Bananas,mashed
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 Egg
2 tsp. Vanilla 
1 TBS Honey
1 heaping TBS Creamy Peanut Butter
2 TBS Canola Oil
1 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/8 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon;optional but so worth it

Preheat oven to 350 or 180 celcius. Grease an 8x8 inch pan;set aside.

In a medium bowl,whisk together the bananas,sugar,egg,vanilla,honey,peanut butter and oil. Add in the flour,baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Blend with wooden spoon or spatula until well mixed. Pour into prepared pan.

Bake 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. I went ahead and stuck a toothpick in the center knowing that the bananas might make the cake extra moist and slightly wet in appearance. It was done at 20 minutes. Cool slightly and cut into squares and serve warm. Top with additional honey if you like.

Yield: 9 squares
Source: Keep it Simple Foods