Thursday, May 24, 2012

Banana Sorbet

    
     It's been so warm over here in tulip land! Everyday the windows have been opened,the yard is cleaned up, we grilled pizza for the first time and we've been enjoying a variety of frozen desserts. I chat with other expats on facebook throughout the day and alot of us are taking this weather by the horns and enjoying it as much as possible because we all know how it can change here. Last year we had a horrible cold front that killed off most of my greenhouse container garden. It was one of the worst summers I've had since moving here and I hope this year will be different!

Since everyone else seems to enjoy more of a regular summer with high temps,I thought this recipe would be perfect for you guys! Banana sorbet has got to be one of the cheapest ice cream based recipes I have ever made. It only requires 4 ingredients and I'm sure most of you already have them on hand. The intense banana flaovr is locked in when you puree and freeze the mixture right away. It's one of the most freshest tasting sorbets I've ever had. We all loved this and hope you do too!

Banana Sorbet

4 medium ripe Bananas,peeled
1 cup (250 ml) Water
3/4 cup (150 g) Sugar
2 tsp. Lime Juice..fresh or bottled

Cut bananas into chunks and puree them in a blender or food processor with the water,sugar, and lime juice until smooth.

Freeze in your ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.

Yield: About 1 Quart (1 Liter)
Source: The Perfect Scoop