Monday, May 14, 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins and Thank You!

  
         I bet you thought I was joking when I mentioned doing a Muffin Monday..well I wasn't! So Happy Muffin Monday! I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who commented on my language class update with encouragement and cyber hugs that I really needed. I received several private e-mails aswell and it ment the world to me. I know I'm not the first one to deal with something like this and won't be the last but it helps knowing that you are all out there. So from me to you..I thank you and you've helped more than you realise and I hope you can feel the warmth of love behind these words.

So,yeah..lets talk muffins on this beautiful sunny monday afternoon. I think this is the first time I really played around with a recipe. I tend to make things the way they are written the first time around,but I've been baking muffins for so long that I can spot when I know certain changes will work for us.  I added in buttermilk,whole wheat flour and cinnamon. I would also keep an eye on the baking time. I  left mine in for 25 minutes and that was almost to long. I would check between 15-20 mins and go from there. We really enjoyed these muffins. They were really moist and we enjoyed these throughout the week as snacks,with coffee for breakfast and as dessert. 

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

1-1/2 cups All-purpose Flour ( I replaced 1/2 cup with WW)
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
3 large Bananas,mashed ( or 5 small bananas)
3/4 cup Sugar
1/3 cup Butter,melted and slightly cooled..I used Buttermilk
1 Egg
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 cup Mini Chocolate Chips..I used 2/3 cup

Preheat oven to 350 or 180 celcius. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick spray;set aside.

In a large bowl, sift together the flour,baking powder,baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.

In another bowl,whisk together the mashed bananas,sugar,melted butter,egg and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix just until combined. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.

Divide batter evenly into muffin tin,and bake for 20-25 mins, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool for a few minutes before taking them out and allowing to cool on wire rack.

Yield: 12 Muffins
Source: Little B Cooks