Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday's In My City...

  
    Life around these parts hasn't been to exciting. On the days when it isn't raining I get outside. Sherman enjoyed his first taste of freedom yesterday. He just loves dandelions.

       
    We visited a war museum  a few weeks ago. I walked through it in complete silence. I saw things I'm not sure I will blog about. It's one thing to see images while watching a documentary..but when you see them upclose..it's a whole other experience.

 
        I've even managed to enjoy a beautiful sunset here and there! I am so ready for summer. We are in yet another cooler stretch here in The Netherlands...enough already!

Head on over to Unknown Mami to see what everyone else is up to this weekend!



Unknown Mami







11 comments:

Wayne W Smith said...

Sherman is adorable!

Sonya said...

Thank you! I just love that little guy :)

Heather Smith said...

I have the same reaction when I go to war and holocaust museums... love the pic of Sherman and the sunset!

del king said...

Sherman is lucky to be able to get outside and enjoy the sunshine :-)

Formerly known as Frau said...

Sherman would have a hay day in my yard! Sunset is gorgeous....I get what you mean about the Museum...some things are better left unsaid...I hope your Sunday is enjoyable and relaxing!

Keetha Broyles said...

A holocaust museum is a very sobering place.

I remember seeing all the shoes that they removed from the gas chamber victims. Chokes me up still just to think of it.

Vidya Sury said...

I am in love with Sherman! Have a happy week, Sonya!

Tara R. said...

Sherman is so cute! I hope he enjoyed his day outside.

StarTraci said...

Sherman is a cutie!

I understand your feelings on the museum. Some atrocities are hard to process and the feelings are personal.

I wish you and Sherman a wonderful week.
:-)
Traci

Unknown Mami said...

Sherman is one good lookin' turtle!

debbercakes said...

Sherman - I think I loves him.

The Museum - Perhaps you walked around in silence because it was almost like being on Holy ground. Words weren't necessary. It need only be experienced, embraced, respected...and never forgotten.