Friday, April 27, 2012

Honey Walnut Banana Bread

  
     Happy Friday! I am bringing you my final recipe in my must use overripe bananas that I seem to always get stuck with at the store! I'm happy that I was able to create alot of things with only 8 bananas and my favorite recipe that I made was the Yeasted Banana Sandwich Bread. Infact I purchased more bananas to make that bread again this weekend.

I really love banana bread but I am always looking for different recipes for it and when I spotted this one I bookmarked it right away. It uses a combination of brown sugar and honey..and how wrong can you not go with that combination? I went ahead and wrapped the bread up in plastic wrap and allowed it to sit overnight. The flavors are way more intense when you give it a resting period and the bread is even more moist.

If you don't plan on eating all of the bread at once, you can freeze this without any problems. Have a great weekend everyone! My two boys are off next week for vacation :)

Honey Walnut Banana Bread

3 overripe Bananas,mashed
1/2 cup Butter,Softened
1/2 cup Honey
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
2 Eggs,room temperature
1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/3 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Salt
1-1/4 cups All-purpose Flour
1/2 cup Oats
1 cup Chopped Walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 or 180 celcius. Grease either a 9x5 inch or 8x4 inch loaf pan with nonstick spray and set aside.

In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined..don't worry if there are a few lumps of banana in the batter..lumps are goood :) Using a wooden spoon, add in the flour and oats and mix just until combined. Add 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts and fold in with spoon. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and sprinkle remaining nuts over top.

Bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. I used an 8x4 inch loaf pan and it took a little over 45 minutes to be done. Allow to cool in pan for a few minutes before turning it out and allowing to completely cool on wire rack. Serve warm or wrap in plstic wrap to store overnight.

Yield: 1 8x4 or 9x5 inch loaf
Source: Picture The Recipe 








No comments: