Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday's In My City...

   
       This is my one and only photo for this week. We have sun!!! Dutch winters are so brutal in the color department. It's nothing but grey and when you spot the slight hint of sun you head straight out to enjoy it. I was able to capture this before the clouds came back. I miss the sun and the warmth on my face. I'm missing home this week and wondering if we can make the changes to head back. I know the economy is crap in the U.S...but it's home..and it's calling me back louder than ever.

Head on over to Unknown Mami to see what she and everyone else is up to this week!
 
Unknown Mami





 

15 comments:

Laurie Matherne said...

There's no place like home. Or that's what Dorothy said, anyway. For me, I think I am home in Honduras. Spring will come, even for you.

Paula said...

What a beautiful photograph! I love it! :)

Tara R. said...

The sky is a gorgeous shade of blue. Welcome back springtime!

Poetic Shutterbug said...

That tree is stunning and what a beautiful composition in that shot. Well done.

Vidya Sury said...

Beautiful! Enjoy!

Wayne W Smith said...

Spring does bring eternal hope.

a happy little life said...

sending you a hug :)
the sun has found us again too. the days are getting longer. still a lot of snow but we can feel spring coming.
xo

StarTraci said...

Sonya,
I'm glad you found some sun! I hope you can get home ASAP.

:-)
Traci

Keetha Broyles said...

Big gnarly tree branches against the sky, patches of blue, and water standing on the ground. Could be Central Wisconsin at this time of year!

Come on home - - - - we'll keep a candle burning in the window.

Unknown Mami said...

The photo is gorgeous. Your desire for home is strong and real and I have no doubt you can make your dream a reality regardless of the economy.

As Cape Cod Turns said...

I love the reflection in the water!

Molly said...

This is stunning picture...I love the reflection in the water

Mollyxxx

Sonya said...

Thanks everyone :)

A Touch of Dutch blog said...

Wishing you the best & hoping the sun will be out more often there! I love the layout of your blog too, by the way :-) Have a good week!

Sonya said...

Thanks so much for stopping by :) it's good to hear from you!