Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mini Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Muffins

   
             I don't know what it is about miniaturised food but I just love it. If I could serve all meals in mini form I totally would. I've seen miniature cakes around the blogging world and I plan on making one of those..because..don't we all deserve to have a mini cake of our own?

These muffins are super cute,delicious and who doesn't love the peanut butter and chocolate combo? ( alot of Dutch people,thats who :( These muffins are perfect after school snacks or something small to have with a cup of coffee or tea. They freeze beautifully and if you are totally against the mini idea..you can infact bake 12 boring sized regular muffins.

Mini Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Muffins

1-3/4 cup All-purpose Flour
2/3 cup Packed Brown Sugar
2-1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 Egg
3/4 cup Milk..I used fat free
2/3 cup Chunky or smooth Peanut Butter
1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
1-1/2 tsp. Vanilla
2/3 cup Mini semi sweet Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 350 or 180. Line a mini muffin tin with liners or spray with non stick spray ( I did half and half and actually prefer the ones with no liners).

In a large bowl,combine the flour,brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg,milk, peanut butter, oil and vanilla. Stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.

Fill mini muffin tins two-thirds full. Bake for 15-17 mins or until toothpick inserted near center comes out with just a few crumbs attached. Cool for 5 minutes in pan;remove and cool completely on wire racks.

** If you decide to bake regular sized muffins, grease a 12 cup tin and bake for 22-25 mins**

Yield: 4 Dozen Mini's or 12 Regular sized muffins
Source: Taste of Home Baking
 
      


3 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

They are too cute mini versions! I bet the Dutch are good and just eat one! I remember my German teacher that was Dutch lectured me a few times on that!! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Sonya said...

Yep..the one cookie thing drives me nuts..Be bold,eat two! I wont tell! lol

Coleens Recipes said...

We love mini-treats too...this looks excellent.