Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Lemon Garlic Tuna Burgers

  
        As we get closer to summer my need for lighter meals takes over. If my husband had his way we'd eat meat at every single meal..meat and potatoes with salad. Thats his heaven. I am pushing for lighter,healthier and meatless meals atleast 3 times a week. Sometimes it works out and other times it doesn't. If chicken happens to be on sale then I buy it and redo my menu plan or swap things out for the following week.

These tuna burgers are a great meatless meal to serve to the family. I have a love/hate relationship with tuna aswell as all other fish. I like fish..but only when it's deep fried. I have yet to eat a baked fish recipe that I would want to eat over and over again. The whole fishy flavor really gets to me and even when it's mild it still bothers me. I am working on it though and these burgers were a great way to get me to eating more fish recipes. Plus the family loved them so thats of course a huge bonus:)

What I like about this recipe is that it's economical for one but you can also play around with the seasonings and fillings aswell. I think next time Im going to add in shredded cheese and tweak the seasonings a bit.

Lemon Garlic Tuna Burgers

2-6oz cans Tuna,drained and flaked
1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs..I used regular bread crumbs
1/4 cup Finely chopped Green Onions
3 TBS minced Fresh Parsley
2 Cloves Garlic,minced
1/4 tsp. each,Salt and Pepper
Juice of half a Lemon
3 TBS Sour Cream or Plain Yogurt
1 Egg
4 English Muffins or Hamburger Buns
Toppings:Lettuce,tomato slices,cheese,etc

Preheat oven to 400 degrees or 200 celcius. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or use nonstick spray.

In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Shape into 4 patties ( mixture will be wet), place onto prepared cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Serve on english muffins or hamburger buns that have been prepared the way you like them.

Yield: 4 Tuna Burgers
Source: Can you stay for dinner?