Thursday, February 23, 2012

"Skinny" Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili



            I love chili. I love beef chili and now I love chicken chili. I love it even more because I can have a larger portion without feeling guilty about it. I'm not all about weenie portions..those suck. I need to feel like I actually ate food instead of sucking in more air to feel full ( I actually knew of someone who did that). 


In my quest to find healthier recipes I was excited to try this one after my friends were raving about it on facebook. I made it and we loved it. If you add in rice,cheese and sour cream you need to add those into the calorie calculation. I used plain yogurt,no rice and a small amount of grated cheese. I wanted to save room for dessert. Come back tomorrow for that recipe  :)


Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili


1 Onion,Chopped
1-16 oz can Black Beans ( I drained and rinsed mine)
1-16 oz can Kidney Beans ( I drained and rinsed)
1-8 oz can Tomato Sauce
10 oz package Frozen Corn Kernels
2-14 oz cans Diced tomatoes with Chilies
1 packet Taco Seasoning
1 TBSP Ground Cumin
1 TBSP Chili Powder
24 oz (3-4) Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Chili Peppers,chopped;optional
1/4 cup Chopped Cilantro;optional


Combine beans,onion,chili peppers,corn,tomato sauce,cumin,chili powder and taco seasoning in slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover with lid. Cook on low 10 hours or high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving,remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Serve with cilantro. You can serve it with cheese,cooked rice and sour cream for additional calories.
1-1/4 cups= 203.7 calories


Yield: 10 servings
Source: Skinnytaste