Monday, February 13, 2012

"Lighter"Honey Mustard Chicken

  
        I have a tv in my bedroom now and it's become my biggest time suck. I get everything done in the morning and then climb into bed and smile. I can't remember the lastime I spent the majority of my day snuggled up under the covers while catching up on all of my favorite shows and movies. It's been ages..and it's become a dangerous pastime. I love it. So very very much.

I am going to be starting an intensive language class very soon that will require my attention 5 days a week for 6 months or longer. So I figure I deserve these last few peaceful moments of "me"time. Soon I will be blogging about my class and my crazy biking adventures through town. I will be baking to save my sanity and praying it doesn't take longer than 6 months to pass the test. The lastime I needed to learn a language was in middle school. I hope I still have what it takes!

My family loves honey mustard chicken..but I wasn't to happy about the calorie content in alot of the recipes. I spotted this one and decided to give it a try. It was a winner..the wonderful honey mustard taste but without all the guilt!

"Lighter"Honey Mustard Chicken

4 Bonless skinless Chicken Breast halves (6 ounces each)
1/2 tsp. Salt,divided
1/4 tsp. Pepper,divided
2 TBS Reduced-fat Butter
4 tsp. Honey Mustard
1 TBS Milk
1/2 tsp. Dried Basil
1/2 tsp. Dried Parsley Flakes
1/2 cup Reduced-fat Sour Cream

Rub chicken with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper(use more if you prefer). In a large skillet over medium heat,cook chicken in butter for 6-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.

In the same skillet, reduce the heat to low. Combine the mustard,milk,basil,parsley,and remaining salt and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through. Remove from heat;stir in sour cream. Serve with chicken.

**1 Chicken breast with 2 tablespoons gravy equals 262 calories**

Yield: 4 servings
Source: Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet