Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sunday's In My City...

 
       I love The Netherlands during the fall season..all the bursting colors make me smile! This road leads to my husband work. Thats a two lane road by the way. You need to share with it cars,bikers and the occasional horse drawn carriage.

       
   I spotted this lovely fellow munching  away and enjoying the sun.

    
    We even made some time to pop over into Germany to see if we really and truly wanted to live there.

        
    We walked around this small town to get a feel for it. The stared at me nonstop when they heard me speaking english.

        
    The more I walked around the more I realised...

     
   Germany has beautiful churches! they are HUGE too!

    
   However, I came to realise that it wasn't for us. I've spent 4 years thinking I was going to jump the border from The Netherlands into Germany. Four long years. I came to realise that The Netherlands is where I belong..kind of made me sad and relieved at the same time. I don't feel like starting all over again with a new language,set of customs and trying to fit in. I don't have it in me anymore. So 2012 means that this American is going to get her butt into Dutch language classes and settle in once and for all! 

Head over to Unknown Mami to see what everone else is up to this weekend!    

Unknown Mami