Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Roasted Chickpeas

 
       I'm sorta guilty of buying things based on cute factor in one way or the other. Take chickpeas..the Dutch word for chickpeas is Kikkererwten..wich means..are you ready? Frog Peas!! is that not the cutest name ever?  I bought a can of it just because of the name. I know I'm weird. I'm ok with that. So now I needed to figure out what to do with my frog chickpeas.

I decided to roast em! I've seen recipes galore for these all over the blogging world and there isn't much to it. You drain em', rinse em', dry em' , drizzle with olive oil, season em', and bake em' until they are crispy.  Easy peasy :) They are sooo addictive. I found myself munching on them like potato chips while watching tv.

Roasted Frog Peas

1 can of chickpeas..any size you want
Olive Oil
Seasonings of choice.

Preheat oven to 400 or 200 clecius. Drain and rinse chickpeas. Place chickpeas between papertowels and blot until totally dry.  Toss chickpeas with a few tablespoons of olive oil in a bowl and pour out onto a cookie sheet evenly. Bake 30-40 mins or until brown and crispy. Turn every 10 minutes so they don't burn. Season to taste and serve!

You can season them before putting in the oven aswell. Get creative with your spices. I've used smoked paprika,cajun seasonings, a simple salt seasoning and lemon pepper seasoning. All have been great!

Yield: 4 side dishes or one giant snack serving for you!