Monday, September 12, 2011

Rocky Road Freeze

 
            Although summer is quickly coming to an end I just had to post this recipe. Is there ever a bad time for ice cream? I'm determined to use my ice cream maker more often. I use it all the time in the summer and then stop for the winter. I miss peppermint ice cream that we would buy around the holidays and I'm going to make some for sure this year!

So what if you don't have an ice cream maker? well you are in luck because this recipe does not require one! All you need is two bowls and a few ingredients to make this. I hesitate in saying that it tastes just like rocky road ice cream. It's a good substitute but not the real deal. We all loved it though and wait til you see what I served it with..check back on wednesday for that : )

Rocky Road Freeze

1 can ( 14 ounces) Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 cup Chocolate Syrup
2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
1 cup Mini Marshmallows
1/2 cup Miniature Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup Chopped Salted Peanuts or Walnuts

In a bowl, combine milk and chocolate syrup;set aside. In another bowl, beat the cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in chocolate milk mixture, marshmallows, chocolate chips and peanuts.

Transfer to a freezer-proof container;cover and freeze for 5 hours or until firm. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.

Yield: About 1-1/2 Quarts
Source: Taste of Home Winning Recipes