Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Morning Glory Muffins


        A few weeks ago I ordered myself a new cookbook called " The America's Test Kitchen Family Baking Book" I'm head over heels in love with it. To be honest I've never heard of the show and we don't really get cooking programs over here ( oh how I miss FoodNetwork). I heard people talk about their cookbooks so I went hunting for one. I picked the baking book to try out first but I plan on ordering the family cookbook next! They have great tips and tricks to make everything turn out everytime..and so far it has paid off! I whipped up some biscuits that went so fast that I didn't have time to take a picture of them. Guess I will have to make some more :)

         
     These muffins were another recipe that I tried and loved aswell. We are on another muffin kick at the house. I made these to serve along yogurt and homemade Granola for breakfast this week. The muffins are moist and are filled with nuts,pineapple,raisins and shredded carrots!

Morning Glory Muffins

2-1/4 cups(11-1/4 ounces) All-purpose Flour
2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Salt
1-1/4 cups  (8-3/4 ounces) Sugar
3 Large Eggs
1/2 cup (8 TBS) Butter,melted and cooled
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 cups Grated Carrots..peel first.About 4 medium carrots
1 (8 ounce) can Crushed Pineapple..drained and pressed dry with paper towels.
1/2 cup  Sweetened Shredded Coconut
1/2 cup Raisins
1 cup Chopped Walnuts or Pecans

Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 375 or 190 celcius. Grease a muffin tin and set aside.

Whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together in a large bowl.  In a small bowl, whisk the sugar, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla together until smooth.  Gently fold the sugar mixture into flour mixture with a rubber spatula until just combined. Fold in the shredded carrots, pineapple, coconut, raisins, and nuts just until combined..do not overmix!

Using a greased 1/4 cup measure, portion batter into each muffin cup. Bake until golden and toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few crumbs attached, 25-30 minutes. Let muffins cool in pan for 5 minutes before transfering to a wire rack to cool completely.

Yield: 12-16 Muffins
Source: The America's Test Kitchen Family Baking Book