Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fluffernutter Cookies

 
        Did you grow up eating fluffernutter sandwiches? Basically for those who don't know what they are, it's a sandwich with peanut butter and marshmallow cream. I've actually never had one and it's probably a good thing because after I tasted a spoonful of the peanut butter and marchmallow cream..I was sorta in heaven. I felt slightly guilty for enjoying it by myself..but not so guilty that I left my kids know who were upstairs :)

I'm sorta on the fence with these cookies. I didn't love them like I thought I would. I'm a big peanut butter fan and if you are in it for the whole 3 ingredient,can be eaten within 20 minutes factor, then by all means give these a shot. They are really chewy and would go great with a big bowl of chocolate peanut butter ice cream. 

Fluffernutter Cookies

1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1 Large Egg
1 cup Marshmallow Fluff

Preheat oven to 350 or 180 celcius. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.

In a large bowl, mix the peanut butter and egg with a large spoon until well combined. Slowly stir in the marshmallow fluff just until combined. You basically want a swirled effect with the dough. You want to see both the peanut butter and the fluff.

Drop by tablespoons full onto prepared sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes or until  baked through. Allow to sit on cookie sheet for 5 mins before removing to wire rack.
** I would caution about allowing the cookies to become to brown. I let the first batch go until almost 15 minutes and that was way to long. You don't want the cookie to become to brown in this case.**

Yield: About 18 Cookies
Source: Picky Palate