Monday, September 5, 2011

Chunky Monkey Banana Muffins

  
           Wow..I lost a whole week somewhere! I've got tons of recipes to post but not enough time to sit down and get them posted! School finally started back up today and I will have much needed "Me" time that I have been lacking for the past 6 weeks!

      
       I've got another muffin recipe for you :) What can I say? we're big ol muffin lovers in this family. I always make sure to keep some in the freezer for when we need a quick snack. These muffins are awesome! super moist and how can you go wrong with banana's, chocolate chips, coconut and cinnamon? You might get weirded out about adding in 2 tablespoons of cinnamon..and I admit I was too, but wow am I glad I did! The house smelled amazing and we didn't feel like the cinnamon overpowered everything else. If you still have reservations about it then only add one tablespoon of the cinnamon. They will still be delicious.

Chunky Monkey Banana Muffins

2 Eggs
1 cup Sugar
4 Banana's,Mashed
3/4 cup Buttermilk
1 cup Butter,Melted
3 cups All-Purpose Flour
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt
2 TBS Ground Cinnamon
1 cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut
1 cup Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 350 or 180 celcius. Line a muffin tin with liners and set aside. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda,salt and cinnamon;set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together, the eggs and sugar until thoroughly combined and creamy. Add in the mashed banana's, buttermilk and melted butter ( I used an electric mixer to cream the eggs and sugar together but used a whisk to do the rest of the creaming),mix until combined. Add in the flour mixture and mix just until combined. Gently fold in the shredded coconut and chocolate chips. Fill muffin tins two-thirds full and bake 20 mins or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool slightly in pan before removing to wire rack.

Yield: 24 Muffins
Source: Prairie Story