Friday, August 26, 2011

Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce

  
         Sometimes..hot fudge is the answer to all of your problems. I realise the older I get the more things I need to come to terms with, deal with, and knowing there is a bowl filled with ice cream and hot fudge sauce at the end makes it that much better :D

I used my Dairy Queen ice cream recipe and whipped up peanut buster parfaits..it tasted like the real deal :) I also served the parfaits with a chocolate cookie recipe by Nigella. I'm not going to bother posting the recipe since 9 times out of 10 her recipes tick me off. I love watching her cooking shows but never have I had such problems when it comes to baking something of hers. I don't know what it is either. Her cakes turn out dry for me and her cookies aren't anything special. Oh well..it happens.

This recipe only used 3 ingredients and the hardest part is waiting for everything to melt so you can eat it! I really liked this recipe and my only complaint is that it didn't want to stay on the ice cream. It would fall off to the sides..wich isn't a huge problem since you can just mix it in. 

Hot Fudge Sauce

1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
3 oz ( 3 squares baking chocolate) or 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup Butter

If you are using the baking squares go ahead and chop them up into smaller pieces to make the melting easier. Place all ingredients into a saucepan over medium heat and melt it all together until it's creamy and smooth.

Store leftovers in the fridge and you can either reheat it on the stove again with a small amount of water or reheat in microwave with small amount of water.

Source: Our Baking Bites