Friday, July 8, 2011

Mini Zucchini Bites

  
           My eight-ball zucchini plants are busting those little suckers out left and right..almost to quickly at this point! I'm not complaining at all..I just love walking out into my backyard and picking out what to serve along with dinner.

These little zucchini bites make a perfect side dish or a light snack. They are light and airy..almost puff like. You can switch the cheese to any type you like and add any seasoning of your choice. I'll be making these alot this summer :)

Zucchini Bites

2 cups Grated Zucchini
2 Eggs
1/2 Yellow Onion,finely chopped..I used dried onions
1/2 cup Grated Cheese;sharp,cheddar,mozzarella,etc
1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
1/4 cup Fresh Parsley,finely chopped
Seasonings of your choice


Preheat oven to 400 degrees or 200 celcius. Grease a 24 cup mini muffin pan and set aside.

In a large bowl,add the eggs and lightly beat with a fork. Add in the zucchini,onion,cheese,bread crumbs,parsley and seasonings;mix thoroughly until combined.


Scoop mixture into muffin tin,filling each one just to the top. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until set and the tops are browned.


Yields: 24 Mini Bites
Source: The Naptime Chef