Saturday, July 30, 2011

Breaded Chicken with Peanut Butter Noodles

         
              I'm amazed how living abroad has changed my way of eating and even drinking. I hated coffee my entire life. I didn't like coffee ice cream, iced coffee or coffee flavored candy. I move here and everyone and their dog drinks coffee. I got tired of everyone looking at me with pure shock when I mentioned I didn't like coffee so I decided to give it a try. I now love it. The same goes with peanut butter sauce. I could not stand it and it wasn't until a few months ago that I really started to enjoy it. It's not something I can eat a large amount of but every once and awhile I like to eat it.

Thats where this dish comes into play. It has a simple peanut butter sauce that you can tweak the way you like it. At first I thought it had to much of a soy sauce taste so I bumped the peanut butter up by a tablespoon and it was perfect. The other neat thing about this recipe is that is uses top ramen. The spice packets are used to season the chicken and you use the peanut butter sauce on the noodles. It's a pretty cheap recipe to make and it comes together quickly.

So what is something you couldn't stand for the longest time but now love? maybe there are some other things out there that I need to give a try again:)

Breaded Chicken w/ Peanut Butter Noodles

1/4 cup Packed Brown Sugar
1/4 cup creamy Peanut Butter
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
1 tsp. Minced Garlic
1/2 cup Dry Bread Crumbs
3 pkg's ( 3 ounces each) Chicken Ramen Noodles
4 ( 5ounces each) Bonless skinless Chicken Breasts Halves
1 TBS Olive Oil
1 can ( 14 ounces) Bean Sprouts,rinsed and drained

In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, peanut butter, soy sauce and garlic; set aside. In a shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag, combine bread crumbs and contents of two noodle packets ( I used 3). Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.

In a large skillet, add the oil and fry the chicken over medium heat for 5-6 minuntes on each side or until juices run clear. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions.

Remove chicken and keep warm. Add peanut butter mixture to frying pan; cook and stir until heated through. Drain noodles. Add noodles and bean sprouts to frying pan; toss to coat. Serve with chicken.

** As a side not I only used fresh bean sprouts. I dumped them into the boiling water along with the noddle packets. I then drained everything and added it to the peanut butter sauce.**

Yields: 4 servings
Source: Taste of Home Almost Homemade