Thursday, July 7, 2011

Almond Poppy Seed Muffins

     
                What's your favorite muffin? I pretty much like all types but I do have a certain fondness for almond poppy seed muffins. They don't seem to be as popular as other flavors but I love their subtle taste. After heading over into Germany to buy some baking supplies which included agave nectar,sliced almonds and mini baking chips, I decided to whip up some muffins for my husbands weekly work meeting!

These were pretty good. I didn't fall in love with them like I had hoped and I'm not sure why. The flavor was good,the texture was moist and fluffy, but it just didn't knock my socks off. Everyone else really liked them so I guess thats all that matters :)

Almond Poppy Seed Muffins

3 Eggs
1-1/2 cups Sugar
1 cup Vegetable Oil
1-1/2 cups Milk
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 tsp. Almond Extract
3 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Salt
1-1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1-1/2 TBS Poppy Seeds
1/2 cup Sliced Almonds

Preheat oven to 350 or 180 celcius. Line a muffin tin with liners or grease with nonstick spray;set aside.

In a large bowl,whisk together the eggs,sugar and vegetable oil until thoroughly combined. Whisk in milk, vanilla and almond extract.

In a medium bowl,combine the flour,salt and baking powder. Add flour mixture to wet mixture and stir just until combine. Stir in poppy seeds. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Sprinkle tops with sliced almonds. Bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in pan before removing to wire rack.

Yield: 24 Muffins
Source: Let's Dish