Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July Pavlova

  
          I wanted to take a moment to wish all of my American friends and family both here and back home a very Happy 4th of July!! Since I am anywhere between 6-9 hours ahead of everyone back home I thought I would post a quick dessert that we had today...and you still have time to make one yourself!

We are huge pavlova fans! I just love how chewy the meringue becomes. You can top it with so many different things. I went with a red white and blue theme. I used THIS recipe and spread the egg white out onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. I baked it for 35 mintues and allowed it to cool in the oven for an hour. I whipped up two batches of whipping cream and dyed one blue. I sliced up some strawberries and assembled the flag with help from the husband :) It was fantastic!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and light a firework for us!