Friday, June 10, 2011

Grilled Chili Chicken Marinade

  
          I am sooo in love with our grill! I could kick myself for waiting 4 years to buy one here. The ease of starting it up and cooking within 3 minutes is fantastic!

I've been trying out new recipes and marinades are my favorites right now. This is a super simple one that only has 4 ingredients..and that includes the chicken. The flavor is subtle,sweet and delicious. I can't stress enough that is needs some serious marinating time. I only left it in the fridge for about 2 hours and I think it could use an overnight soak to be honest...Basting the chicken with the left over sauce is crucial aswell so don't leave that part out!

Chili Chicken

2 TBSP Honey
5 TBSP Sweet Chili Sauce
3 TBSP Soy Sauce
4 Chicken Breasts

In a bowl, whisk the honey, chili sauce and soy sauce until combined. Place a small amount of the sauce in a small bowl to baste with later on. In a ziplock bag, combine the chicken and the marinade, making sure to coat all of the chicken with the sauce. Close bag and pop into the fridge for an hour or up to 24 hours; turn the bag over a few times during the marinating process.

Spray your grill grate with nonstick spray and preheat the grill for medium high heat. Arrange chicken on the grill and grill until juices run clear. Baste frequently with the reserved sauce during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
** You could also use 12 drumsticks in place of the chicken breasts**

Yields: 4 Chicken Breasts
Source: Allrecipes