Friday, April 8, 2011

Rolo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

       I am forever ruined. I will never beable to eat a regular chocolate chip cookie again. These are so so so addictive,chewy,carmalicious,out of this world fantastic. I sent these in for my husband's weekly meeting and when he came home he told me they went crazy over these. People were coming over to try them after receiving an e-mail from other people telling them how good they were. You just have to..have to make these.

The cookies are so thick and when the melted rolo firms up, you get this awesome chewy caramel flavor throughout the cookie that pairs so well with the chocolate and the nuts. These are fantasic when eaten warm from the oven,but I gotta say that our favorite way is when they have sat for a few hours and the caramel firms up. Thanks to My Baking Addiction for the fantastic recipe! 

I used walnuts instead of pecans in the recipe only because thats what I had on hand. We loved it with the walnuts but I do plan on making them again with the pecans. The recipe states to freeze 30 rolos..I ended up needing 40 rolos. I didn't plan on that and was only able to freeze the 10 rolos for about 30 mins. I have to say they turned out just as perfect as the ones that were allowed to freeze for 2 hours. So to be on the safe side I would have an extra role on hand incase you need more.

Rolo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

1-1/2 cups Unsalted Butter; softened
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Packed Brown Sugar
1 TBS Vanilla Extract
2 Eggs
3-3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt
2 cups Chocolate Chips
3/4 cup Chopped Pecans or Walnuts
30 Rolos; Frozen atleast 2 hours

Preheat oven to 350 or 180 celcius. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.

In a large bowl,combine the butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Mix in the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix in chips and nuts..using a wooden spoon if needed.


Roll 1-1/2 tablespoons of dough into a ball and flatten the ball in the palm of your hands. Place a frozen rolo in the centers of the flattened dough balls and form dough back into a ball around the rolo.


Place the rolo stuffed balls back into the freezer for 15-20 minutes before baking. Place the rolo balls on the prepared cookie sheet 2 inches apart. 


Bake 11-13 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool 2 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.


** I ended up only putting about 6 rolo balls on the cookie sheet. When I added more they spread out for some reason and when I added only 6 they stayed firm in their shape.**


Source: My Baking Addiction