Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday's In My City...

 
               Wow it's sunday again already! As promised here are the zoo pics from my trip there last week. Like most zoo's there were things I loved and others I did not. This zoo had the nastiest windows to look through. Alot of my photos didn't come out because of the glare or all you could see were sneeze and hand marks.
       What I did love was the time spent with expat friends and getting to catch up with everyone. I don't have a bunch of friends but the few I have I am so thankful for.
         These poor guys have the nickname of 'Jackass Penguins"
       When they open up their mouthes they sound just like a donkey.
        The animals were loving the sun.They kept their eyes closed and faces towards the sun : )
        He looks like he's smiling : )
      I gotta tell ya..these guys are not my faves
        They remind me of the character in The Dark Crystal,the Skeksis.
    
      
      Anyway that was my sunday last week. We had a wonderful time walking through the park with friends and getting to enjoy some much needed sun! I hope everyone has a wonderful week ahead. Please head over to Unknown Mami and join in on sharing a piece of your world with the rest of us.
      
Unknown Mami
         

      



15 comments:

Life with Kaishon said...

Kaishon loves the zoo so much. Like, if I said we were going to go every day for the entire summer, he would freak out with happiness! I am glad you found some sun. That always makes life better, doesn't it?

May said...

Lovely pictures Sonya!! My kids and I love zoos too. But not all are interesting. And you are so right about the glass windows. They give out an ugly glare and makes it quite difficult to capture shots. I had a beautiful, action packed week with the kids. Have a great week Sonya!!

BLOGitse said...

You seem to enjoyed a warm, sunny zoo day!
Hope you have a good week ahead - I will have a very busy one - moving back to Helsinki, Finland and this time we'll stay...how long we don't know yet, for a year at least, I guess :)
My husband will join me at the end of the month.
This is the best time to move - spring and summer are so beautiful in Finland! :)

Amy said...

I love the baby gorilla the most.

We have a picture book here with a baby gorilla in it and every time we would show it to the kids last year they would shout out the name of our youngest baby (at the time). True story. LOL

Sonya said...

Haha..Amy thats so funny!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Awesome pictures the monkeys are my favorite! Haven't been to the Zoo forever! Have a wonderful Sunday!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

These are wonderful photos. I love the expressions on the creatures faces. Thanks for coming by so I could do the same.
xoRobyn

Laurie Matherne said...

Great photos. I wanted to visit the zoo in our capital of Honduras this week with friends but we didn't have the time.

Candee said...

We had a great day and should have get togethers more often. Your pictures turned out lovely as usual!

Kristin - The Goat said...

Holy smokes you got some of the best zoo photos I've seen. I wanna go now!

myrelish said...

Fantastic shots. I only wish my zoo shots were half as good as yours.
I am off to see if I can find my copy of the Dark Crystal now!

Sonya said...

Kristin..thank you for the compliment!

Candace..I agree!

Myrelish..I need to buy a copy of The Dark Crystal..LOVE that movie :)

Arti said...

Beautiful captures, loved them all...
The gorilla is indeed giving a smile and all of them look happy...
Have a good day:)

Unknown Mami said...

I know quite a few jackasses, but none of them are as cute as those penguins.

Sonya said...

Mami,thats so fuuny!!! true but funny